Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Intermezzo

Ok...lately I've been distracted by two things, and a little bit abandon my other things.

My story about Bali haven't finished yet, even though there's still 2 days left, but I think it count as 1 day as my last day I didn't go anywhere just spend the hours at home, try to pack everything. And I already wrote about my last day in Bali in advanced so I supposed just copy-paste the whole thing and put it in my blog, but then I remembered that I still have to edit the photos and that takes a while. So for now I kinda postponed that for a while. I hope.

My cross-stitching activity is also kinda on hold right now. I think its just because I'm not full unpack my things from Bali. All my threads and pattern magazine are still in my backpack. Maybe it got to do with the maid is still away for Lebaran. But I don't know. Maybe it is, maybe not. Everything just stayed in my backpack for now.

So, since I'm not doing some blogging or cross-stitching and at the moment I don't have anything interest my mood to read, my attention shift to other things. There's just two things that I can say preoccupied my mind. The jigsaw puzzle and Fanfiction.

Let me tell you firs about the puzzle. I saw this jigsaw puzzle like maybe a month a go when I went to Petra's Toys with Ingrid & Angga. It's from Clementoni, so I know it's the best quality, and the picture is 5 Disney Princess sitting on a swing. There's Ariel with Flounder, Aurora with her three fairies, Snow White with all the seven dwarfs, Cinderella with Jaq & Gus and Lucifer, and the last is Belle with Mrs. Potts, Chips, Lumiere and Cogsworth, and the 'dog'. Last Monday I finally decided to buy it. With my mom's permission, of course. And since that day (hm...just 3 days ago!) I've been doing my best to finish that jigsaw! It's 1000 pieces. And I'm happy to say that at least now I can "see" the pictures...although there are still some gap here and there :( At this point I really need help from my sister! She's so much better at solving things like this.

The next is...fanfiction. I know about fanfiction maybe years ago, when Harry Potter is not finished yet. Dito told me about it. At that time, I didn't care about fanfiction. At that time, I didn't want to read other stories written not by the authorized author, so I just looked it up, read a little, felt nothing then completely forgot about it.

And they all say never say never.

There are times when the story is finished, when the end is written at the last page, but you still cling on to the stories, you still wondering about the characters that left behind, still guessing about that last scene and begin to wonder and questioning and then...you just can't keep them out of your head. Especially when you still CRAVING something to read but found that every books in your house WERE not interesting enough to be re-read over (and over again and you already know the stories by heart!) and even your BRAND NEW books are not interesting enough to be read (so why did I bother to even buy it??!). And that's when Fanfiction come to the rescue!

I never realized I can't be addictive to fanfiction!! It's been two days or should I say two NIGHTS that I keep awake reading those fanfiction through my mobile. Yesterday I slept around 7 am I think and woken up at 11 am. Today it happened again, but now I'm sleepy. Want to sleep but I don't think it's a good decision. Because if I sleep now, then later at night I won't be sleepy at all!!!

Ok, back to Fanfiction. As it called, fanfiction is fiction written by fans. So I think you can find mostly anything. Try www.fanfiction.net. I think it's the biggest fan fiction site. On that site you can find fanfiction not only based on books but also from movies, tv show, anime, games, and many more. If you looking for particular story like Harry Potter, well HP have their own fanfiction website. www.harrypotterfanfiction.com. You'll go CRAZY!! The best thing about fanfiction, other than you can see another version of the authorized version is that you can choose the main characters you want to read. And since it's fanfiction, ANYTHING can happened!!

Like I said before, I can't believe I spend my night staying awake reading all those fanfictions! For you who never tried it, maybe you should give it try...see if you find one or two or maybe 10 stories you like :D

Now I'm beginning to have a headache...I think I'll try to sleep...

1 comment:

Georgine said...

aaa, kak ze thanks for the comment, :D

Jadi marilah di bulan bahasa ini kita kembali mengingat apa yang biasa Budi dan Ani (tipikal nama yang jadi contoh kalimat di buku cetak bahasa indonesia) contohkan, heheheh...

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository
Please e-mail me directly if you have any question about things that I wrote in this blog at celotehze@yahoo.com