Sunday, February 3, 2013

Me & Cross Stitch


For the last couple of years, I spent my days and night with cross stitch.  Since I know that I don't have the ability to knit or crochet, I decided to learn how to cross-stitch and found it easier to do than the other handcraft.  And so it began, my journey to cross stitch.

At the beginning, I started with small projects.  And I have to say, my sister did it better than I did.  She's the one who told me that I have to stitch it neatly and do the cross in one way; if you start from left to right, then do every stitch from left to right.  I never thought of doing it that way, but since that, and after that I read lots of 'how to cross stitch', I always do that.

It's been years after my first lesson (more than 10 years I think), and I still in love with it.  And still think myself as a novice hahaha...well maybe not a novice but certainly not an expert.

I still prefer to do simple projects, like Precious Moments pattern.  I did lots of PM projects.  I don't know if PM is under category of simple project or not, but for me it's quite simple.  


Or pattern that using full cross stitch and you just play with colours to make it more exciting



Even so, I must say that I really love to be able to show a project that is not so simple   (to bad, the picture below is not for me :D.  I did it, but its on commision, so it won't be hang on my wall)


Since my sister is quite a provocator, she 'challege' me to do a complete set of Celtic Designs season: Winter, Spring, Summer, and Autumn.  I don't know if she also want the Celtic Christmas or not.  Hieh...my sister everybody!


The truth is...I really love to do it hahaha...just let see if I have the time.  Because at the moment, I have two on going projects, and they're on commision so I HAD to finish it as soon as possible, one HAED projects (its for my own), and maybe some other little projects. 

So...just hope that my commision project will finish soon and then I can do new project.  Yeay!!

No comments:

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository
Please e-mail me directly if you have any question about things that I wrote in this blog at celotehze@yahoo.com