Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Wild Nights! Wild Nights!

Wild nights! Wild nights!
Were I with thee,
Wild nights should be
Our luxury!

Futile the winds
To a heart in port,
Done with the compass,
Done with the chart.

Rowing in Eden!
Ah! the sea!
Might I but moor
To-night in thee!

-Emily Dickinson-


Thanks to Lisa Margaret for asking me about this poem. She asked me about the interpretation of this poem. The poem is nice isn't it? After I searched online I found out that this one is by Emily Dickinson. It's a love poem. What do you think about this poem?

My favorite part is the second verse

Futile the winds
To a heart in port,
Done with the compass,
Done with the chart.


The words just..so..well described.

Maybe I take the poem too literally, but even if I did..it still describe the longing of a lover :)

No comments:

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository
Please e-mail me directly if you have any question about things that I wrote in this blog at celotehze@yahoo.com